BFHS now offers SchoolCash Online. Pay online for school fees, trips, etc. Learn more and register HERE
- Wednesday, November 22 – Early Dismissal Day staff & students
- Thursday & Friday, November 23-24 – No school, Thanksgiving Break
- Monday, November 27 – Full Day for Report Card Conferences, No School for students
- Monday, December 4, 2023 – STAR Testing/Extended Advisory – ELA
- Monday, December 4, 2023 – STAR TestingSTAR Testing/Extended Advisory – Math
- Monday, December 4, 2023 – STAR Testing/Extended Advisory – Makeups and Naviance
- Friday, December 15, 2023 – Early Dismissal
- Friday, December 15, 2023 – Winter Wonderland Dance
- Tuesday, December 19, 2023 – Interim Reports sent home
- Monday, December 25 – 31, 2023 – Winter Break
- Monday, January 1, 2024 – New Year’s Day – No School
- Tuesday, January 2, 2024 – Staff Professional Development – – No school for students
- Wednesday, January 3, 2024 – Students’ first day back from Winter break
- Monday, January 15, 2024 – Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Observed – No School
New Enrollments (NEW to the district/coming from Charter–in other words not transferring from another Philadelphia district school) registration is online- https://www.philasd.org/studentplacement/registration/
Transfer Enrollments first, please confirm that we are your neighborhood school https://webapps1.philasd.org/school_finder/ then contact the main office for an appointment to bring 2 proofs of address or to submit electronically firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benjamin Franklin School Plan 2023 – 2024. Families are encouraged to visit the School District of Philadelphia Link below and review our school plan.
We can be reached at email@example.com, Phone 215-400-7600, or Fax 215-400-7601
Parent Portal sign up have access to your student’s attendance and grades in real time
2023-2024 School Year Calendar School starts at 8:15 am and ends at 3:19 pm daily.
Was your child absent from school?
Please complete this ABSENCE FORM [Link to Google Form] to document and excuse their absence. Parents can provide an Absence Excuse Note for up to Eight (8) Absences.
Middle States Association Accredited
- If you have never picked up a District Chromebook we have one for you!
- If you already have a Chromebook and it needs to be repaired or replaced, you can bring it to school (room 244, when you get to school at 8:15) or you can visit one of the Parent & Family Tech Support Centers. You can find the 3 addresses at www.philasd.org/chromebooks.
- The centers will be open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and on Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding holidays.
- Lost Chromebooks require parental confirmation of the loss to issue a new device.
- Lost Chargers require serving 1 detention to replace.
- If you need home internet access, you can dial 2-1-1 for the PHLConnectEd Hotline.
Parent & Family Technology Support Hotline
Contact Info: 215-400-4444 FamilyTechSupport@philasd.org
Attention families: The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), a Federal law, requires that a school with certain exceptions obtain your written consent prior to the disclosure of personally identifiable information from your child’s education records. However, a school may disclose appropriately designated “directory information” without written consent, unless you have advised the school to the contrary in accordance with school district procedures. The primary purpose of directory information is to allow schools to include information from your child’s education records in certain school publications.
Parents who wish to opt their students out of directory information releases must complete an Opt-Out Form for each of their students, and must return each form to the school at which each student is enrolled by November 6, 2023.
Find more information, including the forms you need HERE