Title 1 Documentation
As a school that receives Title 1 funds, it is important to us that you can access information as required by Federal Law. Please contact us at 215-400-7600 if you have any questions about the documents posted below. Thank you, parents and families, for partnering with us.
Title 1 Right to Know Letter
Office of Federal Programs 3rd Floor, Portal D 440 North Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19130
August 28, 2023
Dear Parents/ Guardians:
As a parent or guardian of a student attending a school receiving Federal Title I dollars, you have the right to know the professional qualifications of the teacher(s) and instructional paraprofessional(s) who instruct your child.
Federal law requires every Title I school district to comply and to provide you with the requested information in a timely manner. All schools have on file a listing of faculty members and their professional qualifications. At any time, you may ask:
- whether the teacher met state qualifications and certification requirements for the grade level and subject he/she is teaching,
- whether the teacher received an emergency or conditional certificate through which state qualifications were waived, and
- what undergraduate or graduate degrees the teacher holds, including graduate certificates and additional degrees, and major(s) or area(s) of concentration.
You may also ask whether your child receives help from a paraprofessional. If your child receives this assistance, we can provide information about the paraprofessional’s qualifications.
The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), which was signed into law in December 2015, includes additional right to know requests. At any time, you may request:
- Information on policies regarding student participation in assessments and procedures for opting out, and
- Information on required assessments that include:
o subject matter tested,
o purpose of the test,
o source of the requirement (if applicable),
o amount of time it takes students to complete the test, and
o time and format of disseminating results.
All of the above information can be requested through your school principal.
Our staff is committed to helping your child develop the skills he/she needs to succeed in school and beyond. That commitment includes making sure that all of our teachers and paraprofessionals meet applicable Pennsylvania state requirements. We look forward to the upcoming school year, and together we will make a difference in your child’s life.
Director of Federal Programs
Please click the links below to see a signed PDF of the above letter